OMOTOLA JALADE REVEALS THE CHALLENGES OF ACTING SEX-ROLES AS A MARRIED WOMAN!

Author
Published Saturday, September 09, 2017
OMOTOLA JALADE REVEALS THE CHALLENGES OF ACTING SEX-ROLES AS A MARRIED WOMAN!



Mother of four and prolific international award winning Nollywood actress, Omotola Jalade Ekehinde, in a recent interview with the Press shed light on the seeming challenges that enveloped acting out roles that had to do with intercourse, especially as she was a married woman. Read what she had to say below:


“Sometimes you can tell while watching a movie that a couple doesn’t have chemistry. It is not something you can force. Some actors are very good at acting it. But sometimes, when it has to do with love, relationship, it’ is not easy to play. When you want to act like you love the person, there are some natural acts and gesticulations that you can’t force. But if you are a well-trained actor, you would not find that difficult. There are some little tricks to these things that some actors don’t know. You can make it happen and look real too, especially in love and sex scenes. When I wasn’t even that confident, I starred in a movie called The Prostitute, which was released 22 years ago. If I didn’t die then, is it now? I am ready for them. I don’t even like watching myself on screen. If I do, I will feel like burning inside and might even start crying because I criticise myself a lot. Sometimes, I pity those watching especially when I poorly do a sex scene. I would be like ‘what was that for? ..It can kill the whole movie when it’s poorly done. For me, if a sex scene is not going to be well done, then why do it in the first place? If you must kiss, you should be able to kiss well; make it professional.”





Delving into her investments with her Pilot husband who she says has been very supportive, she had the following to say: 


“So far, my husband and I have over 20 plus acres of land in Badagry. He has his for his ‘Aquatic Jungle Entertainment’ and I have mine for the film village. We have started with the first phase, which will have a cinema and other attractions. It is in its early stages, but surely, we are making progress.”

[ADS] Bottom Ads

Copyright © 2023


AN ANTHONY EDMOND JOHN PROJECT